Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hump Day Crush

It has been well documented that Grace Coddington is the real star of 'The September Issue' - and with good reason. Her passion, her unique eye for capturing style on camera, and her edge are all cutting and captivating. She has the balls to stand up to Anna Wintour (bold v. conservative, in both work ethic and personal style) and had a perfect foil in a man whom she worked with who was a total weasel.
I absolutely love that she is still so into what she does, and believes in it so strongly, when she has been working at the same institution for 20+ years. I don't know whether it was her former model days, her brush with adversity via her car accident or her flaming red hair that fuels it, but she is amazing both as a person and in the styling she executes. And she knows the careful balance of how to work the system. I admire all she's accomplished - I know I have definitely flipped through many of her stories and just drooled and dreamed of fantasy. I hope that I can be that cool and passionate about what I do at her age. Grace Coddington, you are my hump day crush.

No comments: